Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
senselocke

Dark Reign 2 and the Blank Screen of Doom (win2k prob, hlp?)

To start, i frikkin LOVE this game, and finally found it! Bought it! It froze on install! I waited 10 min, it continued. It gets done, i go to play, screen blanks to start program...

i wait a little...

3 hours later, no change. I can't even CTRL+ALT+DEL, system is LOCKED down. I tried the acompt prog, then i get the error "error: MSVCRT.DLL is not compatible with Win32s." I read through all the FAQs here, and the posts. Some of you get it to run with no problem, i can't.

I tried all levels of game patches, their tech support (which blew), and every think i could think of. I really need help, i am stumped ;(

i have Win 2000 Pro, all service packs and patches.

Voodoo3 3000 AGP

Sound Blaster Live! xgamer

AMD athalon 600MHz

512 MB RAM

Microstar 6167 Motherboard, with AMD 751 chipset.

thanks for reading, i really hope someone can help. It took me hours of Googling to find this site! To quote Star Wars, "you are our only hope."

"

Don't have the full game because it never interested me that much. I do have the demo...last time I tried it the game worked fine.

I've never tried the game on a Voodoo 3. What DX ver does Dark Reign 2 require? 6.1 or something? If so your V3 shouldn't have any probs there. Even so the Voodoo brand is about as unsupported of a video card that you can get for NT (Officially anyway). I'd try the game on another vid card or if you cannot do that then someone else's computer.

Before you do that try reduce hardware acceleration and see if that does anything.

alrighty, here's the dillio

i reinstalled win2000. You see, i had win95, then installed 98 over it, then 2k over that. So i removed all info and reformated, reinstalled win2k, and got DX 8.1 and Service Pack 2 (i hear SP3 is bad). I am also trying a new vid card, nVidia. I will soon try the old card again, to see if it was hardware or soft.

It runs fine now.

Quote:
alrighty, here's the dillio

i reinstalled win2000. You see, i had win95, then installed 98 over it, then 2k over that. So i removed all info and reformated, reinstalled win2k, and got DX 8.1 and Service Pack 2 (i hear SP3 is bad). I am also trying a new vid card, nVidia. I will soon try the old card again, to see if it was hardware or soft.

It runs fine now.

upgrade to DX9.0a and get SP4 for win2k ! smile