Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tsonta101

Count how many CDs your recorder has burned

Might be the stupidest ;( question on the planet at this moment... but is there a way to count how many copies has the cdr device done? Does anyone know of an application that does that? Or even worse :x , does anyone have the know-how to write that application?

I am just curious if this kind of information is/isn't stored somewhere (not in the recorder, imo)....

thanks,

tsonta101

I doubt that there is any program that counts that and even if it were I often switch my recorders between my computers. Only way would be that the recorder itself would count burner cds.

Quote:
open an excel file and start typing..lol

laugh

It doesn't have to be SO difficult, besides, some of us do not have Excel.. wink

Surely that isn't a 'stupid' question!

Actually, that wouldn't be that bad of a idea! Probably some external counter tied into the drive itself.

I'm surprise someone hasn't come out with a program to do that. I assume it would have to be tied in with the burning software somehow.

so when the FBi busst down your door and takes your comp - they log on in and see how many cds u burned laugh

for that i think they would also want something that would record the contens of what you burned as well.

mm, there is an idea

"a program that:

1. counts how many cds you burned

2. size cd - 650 - 700 - dvdr

3, how much room was used

4. a listing of all files burned to the cd.

This then creates a giant catalogue of them all!

mm, i got to copy right this idea!

Quote:
so when the FBi busst down your door and takes your comp - they log on in and see how many cds u burned laugh

Still do not see how it will help... besides, it only gives you information on this particular burner (an estimate), so, you will never know exact number of burned CDs.

Quote:
for that i think they would also want something that would record the contens of what you burned as well.

This is more interesting.. though, totally unrealistic.

Quote:
I assume it would have to be tied in with the burning software somehow.

Or the aspi layer... That way it wouldnt be software specific. A simple reg value with the burner id and a count.. It could have other statistics too like total gigs burnt :P.

Quote:

mm, there is an idea

"a program that:

1. counts how many cds you burned
2. size cd - 650 - 700 - dvdr
3, how much room was used
4. a listing of all files burned to the cd.

This then creates a giant catalogue of them all!
mm, i got to copy right this idea!

The fbi already knows what everybody's downloaded.

haha

so true

if the fbi wanted too, they could of busted every little 12 year old who found out what the internet is really for, but not worth their time.

What would really suck if it logged the files you burned

CD1: MdealofhonorWAREZversion.iso

CD2: WindowsXPWAREZversion.bin

and so on.....