Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Morokiane

DirectX 9, Gefore 4, and WinXP

I'm having a very interesting problem. I have a Intel P4 2.8GHz, 512RAM, PNY Vertigo Geforce4 Ti4400 card, Soyo Dragon Lite MB with SiS 360 AGP. When I run 3dMark2003 or Neverwinter Nights, on WinXP Home the benchmark or NWN freeze. I've got the latest drivers for video card, AGP, did all of the updates for XP. If I run 3dMark 2...it will freeze on the test called Nature. Its not a overheating issue, and only freezes on those tests and in NWN...so I'm wondering what could possibly be causing this problem??

Quote:
I'm having a very interesting problem. I have a Intel P4 2.8GHz, 512RAM, PNY Vertigo Geforce4 Ti4400 card, Soyo Dragon Lite MB with SiS 360 AGP. When I run 3dMark2003 or Neverwinter Nights, on WinXP Home the benchmark or NWN freeze. I've got the latest drivers for video card, AGP, did all of the updates for XP. If I run 3dMark 2...it will freeze on the test called Nature. Its not a overheating issue, and only freezes on those tests and in NWN...so I'm wondering what could possibly be causing this problem??

Have you tried running memtest to make sure it's not a memory problem?

Quote:
What are some good memtesters or benchmarks

There is a program called memtest (or maybe memtest86). I am sure you can find it with google. It's basically either a bootable floppy or crdom image. The idea is to let it run for a couple of hours and see if it shows any errors.

Have you tried up[censored] the bios on your motherboard?

I have had a problem with my gf4 ti4800se on a gigabyte ga-sq800 ultra

and the latest update seems to have fixed the problem.

Try up[censored] your mobo bios

I did all the above, my memory is fine, upgraded the bios...and determined that it is possibly bad memory on the video card. I bought a ATI Radeon 9700 Pro and NWN runs great...except the benchmark still freezes.

i just tried that 3dmark03

i got a 1500?

isnt there supposed to be another zero or did they change that

i tried it on my work computer and got 1000

single p4 and a wildcat vp970

thats in line with this system

the nature scene is PURE GPU pocessing - so could be low AGP voltage / bad card.

also g4 cards are not Dx9 compliant - or do not support it, could be why 2003 freezes, although it runs fine for my ti4600.

FutureMark have released patches to 3DMark 03, and I'm sure I saw mention of problems with the nature test - I think the latest version is 330?

Rgds

AndyF