Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
duhmez

Ultima 8 won't run please help!

I;'ve got the ultima collection and I cant get ultima 8 to run. it comes with a bootdisk maker that supposedly makes dos boot with enough ram for the game, but it hasnt worked for me.

I have tried using win98 dos, but gave that up and installed actual dos 6.22 in a virtual PC whichis the native environment for the game. i downloaded a dos mouse driver that they say is the smallest ram usage of all mouse drivers, a few K short of the microsoft ouse driver, setup the config.sys just like the manual says to, and I still ont have enough memory. it will start when i dont load a mouse driver, which shows that I am almost there. Unfortunately, a mouse is REQUIRED fo r the game. If someone who has played this game cam post the eact configuration that works it would be greatly appreciated.

I checked out dosbox but it did not suppport it(somehting about protected mode not supported yet) when I went there.

Quote:
I;'ve got the ultima collection and I cant get ultima 8 to run. it comes with a bootdisk maker that supposedly makes dos boot with enough ram for the game, but it hasnt worked for me.

I have tried using win98 dos, but gave that up and installed actual dos 6.22 in a virtual PC whichis the native environment for the game. i downloaded a dos mouse driver that they say is the smallest ram usage of all mouse drivers, a few K short of the microsoft ouse driver, setup the config.sys just like the manual says to, and I still ont have enough memory. it will start when i dont load a mouse driver, which shows that I am almost there. Unfortunately, a mouse is REQUIRED fo r the game. If someone who has played this game cam post the eact configuration that works it would be greatly appreciated.

I checked out dosbox but it did not suppport it(somehting about protected mode not supported yet) when I went there.

Which one is 8? Is that Pagan or whatever? If so, I never got that to run on xp, 98 or 95.

You tried using memmaker (or something like that ) - came with dos 6 anyways.

Other than that its gonna be posting autoexec.bat, config.sys and mem /c which could get messy.

yes it is pagan or whatever.

Its not supposed to run on windows that's why im trying to get it to run on dos. Hoping someone who has or can run it can post their autoexecs, and config.sys files.

I have been looking for a download for U8 for soooooooo damn long and i've spend a hell of a lot of hours searching for a download. Since u can't buy it, and nobody I know has it, then the only way to get it is to download it. Someone PLEEEEEEEEEEAASE help me cos I was totally obsessed with the game when I had it on my old pentium 75mhz (lol so crap).

Abandonware is illegal, please search google for: "Get a clue".

Thread closed.