Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MarksmanX

I need help finding a good 21 inch monitor. Money is not a

Does anyone know a good 21” monitor with good dot pitch and good refresh rate that I find? I know most web page designers use really good monitors and I am using 17” with really bad refresh at 1025 x 768 at 75 Hz I need a monitor that can handle that resolution but around 150Hz or higher. Thanks a lot guys smile.gif

P817.GIF

http://www.viewsonic.com/PROD/DATASHTS/P817.HTM

The Xtreme Monitor™ is for those who demand the ultimate in a 21" (20.0" viewable) display! For the imaging, CAD/CAM and graphics professionals who require the highest resolutions (2,048 x 1,536) and fastest refresh rates (up to 180Hz), the ViewSonic P817 is a quantum leap over anything in the market today. With a remarkable video input bandwidth of 360MHz, this monitor keeps pace with the fastest graphics cards available and delivers a greatly enhanced screen performance. It also boasts a four-port Universal Serial Bus (USB) hub to simultaneously run USB compatible peripherals and Host On Screen™ software which allows users running Windows® 98 to adjust screen images via their keyboard and mouse.

------------------

-BeTa2K

Gotta go with the P817... I'm running the P810, the previous model, and it totally rocks. No complaints, anywhere. You wont go wrong with VS...

The general consensus is that my spelling is terrible.... but also... the two best monitors in existance right now are the Mitsubishi 2020u and the Sony F500

I spent a month researching it and every review gave mad props to these monitors and the mitsubishi usually won, although most of the time they said its too close to call, but gave the mitsu got the nod cause it costs 300 bux less. Thats a very good thing =]

I personally use the mitsu 2020.. its 22" of pure loving.. and 1600x1200 is something to be seen.

If you want links to reviews i can dig 'em up again.... but i do remember gamespot.com has a review of each monitor.

Best price i found was 973 at onvia.com (free shipping even). Best price for the Sony F500 was like 1300 or so though =[

Don't be fooled by specs though.... they're rarely a representation of how good a monitor looks.... the best companies underrate because they have confidence in their stuff. Its true in the audiophile market and its true here too.

-Brad

If money's no issue, why not go for a new, swank LCD or plasma screen? Something truly cool you can brag about. smile.gif

I've got a IIYAMA VisionMaster Pro 510

It's a 22" display and one of the best I've ever worked on. The only "trouble" is that only the G400's RamDAC is fast enough (360MHz) to take advantage of the full power of this display. With a TNT2 non-ultra, I display 1600x1200 at 98 Hz on a REAL flat display and the screen can go faster.

I spend hours on my screen and my body gets tired before my eyes.

And this marvelous screen is at only 1000 $ in France !!!!!!!!!!!

Awx