Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Guvernment

Looking for a Gigabyte 8IHXP...................

Hey all

i am replacing the mobo in my dell taking it out of their case due to crap cooling - so i need a mobo that support RDRAM 1066

This seems to the best board out there for what i need Gigabyte 8IHXP

anyone have one that they are willing to sell for a decent price? preferably not overly used and fully working?

my best payment option would be neteller - www.neteller.com (same idea as paypal but like them far better)

Ask over a abxboards.com

Most of us upgrading to canterwoods are offloading are old MOBO

Hi,

You might encounter quite a few problems in replacing the motherboard in your Dell machine. Dell constantly design their own non-standard motherboards, thus, trying to replace or upgrade one is problematic.

Most of the cable and pin headers are non-standard and more alarmingly the pinouts for the Dell proprietary "ATX" power supply is also wired differently. Which can be fatal to all standard ATX boards.

You will have to change to power supply as well as the motherboard (that is once you've managed to find out that fits properly.

well

i also plan on buying a new power supply and putting the system into a new case so i can get better cooling so really all i am taking from the dell is

2 x 120g HD

9700 PRO

512 pc1066

p4 2.4 chip

the rest i will leave.

thxn sapiens74

, but i can not find a site under that name or url frown there was one Bxboards - but it did not work.

You could always try eBay.

A search for "Gigabyte 8IHXP" results in 5 lots with the most expensive being $69.99 & $84.99.

i am going to be safe and buy a new 875 chipset board soon, this way i am prepared for the future smile