Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Guvernment

The Truth About Weed............

For very one Scientist who claims its harmless you got 8 or 9 that say its bad.

Morally I think any vice is wrong. Legally however, people should have the right to smoke dirt if they see fit. I commend Canada for taking the lead on this, although for the most part most States in the US have already effectively legailized it by making the penalties a small fine.

Also once it is legalized - then the criminal side of it - as u said, would be lower, - it would not be such a BIG deal to smoke since it is legal, so the rebelious ones would find soemthing else to do to "rebel" then becoming a pot head.

As for the scientist that say it is harmful - to what degree - i have done SERIOUS reading on weed and it's affects and for the most part - they are not physically damaging - unless severly abused - if we are talking about pure weed, nothign mixed in, no crazy home grown stuff with the extra chemicals in it. then it's long term affects depending on dosage are very very limited to next to nothing.

i was a pot head for 2 years - 2,3 joints a day for 2 years straight - i held 2 jobs and i am fine now........ - according to that link that type fo use for over 2 years can damage you, i guess i was a lucky one.

Quote:
For the most part, taking ANYTHING but oxygenated atmosphere into your lungs is BAD with capital letters.

True to a point, but our own atmosphere is getting so poluted, that it won't be long before it's not going to make much difference.

Recently there's been a bit of a thing about 'oxygen bars'. They have these canisters of oxygen, and for some amount of money, you can get a shot of pure oxygen.

I'm sure I read that's bad for you as well. Guess you can't win!
Quote:
I bet that coke & heroin are not all that bad either like I heard also" & off we go into drug addiction & ruin.

I'm not convinced that's a reasonable argument to be honest. It's one thing to try a bit of weed, but moving to herion is a completely different ball game. I never took that extra step, and had no desire to find out what it was that made people take herion.

People that take these extra steps (to become junkies and alcoholics) have a problem to start with. The drugs and drink are just their forms of escape. I don't believe that drinking beer leads to drinking whiskey leads to necking a bottle of the stuff a day.

Personally, I'd rather fire up a game and work my frustrations out by blasting away at everything that moves than sinking into a bottle or jabbing a needle into my arm.

I think there's also a fine line between legalisation and decriminalisation. Legalisation would make the sitautation similar to that in Amsterdam.

You could have registered places to buy the stuff, and to smoke it. Quality could be controlled (less icky stuff going into the manufacture of it), and the government could tax it a bit.

Decriminalisation would basically mean that you could smoke it in your own home, but being caught with it out on the street wouldn't see you busted and thrown into jail for a while.

We had this big thing about it in the UK a couple of years ago. It's been strangely quiet on that front for a while now, so I guess not much happened.

But as you say APK, live and let live. If people want to do it, that's fine, and if they're not hurting anyone else, then where's the harm?