Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
zoooom

permanent vpn connection or tunnel

I have a client pc that would like to login to a domain at the main office. I got the vpn working.. And was able to join the domain but the problem is now that when the computer starts up of course the vpn isnt connected. So it cant see the domain. It can only see the domain controller when connected with the vpn. I have tons of reading material im just not exactly sure which is the best solution for my problem.. Before using vpn i tried resolving the domain to the wan ip of the domain. Something about this bothered me.. and when trying to do so it complained about a missing srv record. Which makes sense because active directory is tightly integrated into dns.. and unless the client computer is using the proper dns server it wont work properly. Any tips on where to go with this would help me. Im not afraid to read up on it. The best solution would be to have a permanent secure network connection between the client and the domain controller that allowed it to "see" everything on the network. Like a vpn.

Im a bonehead. This was easy. There is a check box that says login using dial connection when you login. check this and then you can choose which vpn connection to use for logging in. Obvious and easy. Sorry for wasting a kilobyte on the messageboard.