Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Skywise

3.66 driver here

well, i'm back and still have my sytem enabled smile.gif

I found out that disabling video rom bios shadow before installing the drivers helped.

Seems to make a bit of a performance drop, until each Q3 level is cached. I then enabled it again and it works still. Slight performace loss also

This could be the drivers however, I might go back and test it with the 3.65

i'm interested in what others have in their BIOS settings?

When you install new drivers, do you perform an uninstall on the old ones? If so, try just installing drivers over the existing ones. I haven't used that uninstall button one which may be why I haven't had any problems like yours yet.

everytime, I've just clicked the update button. I did try to remove it first, but it made no difference whatsoever

MOTHER******!!!!!

/me jumps up and down screaming tearing his hair out!!!

*****@@@@@ of a F***** thing!!!

soon as I rebooted, it F***** up again!!!

I re-did it exactly the same way but NO!!!!

F***** thing don't wanna do as it's told now!!!

This is pushing me back to NT4 or 98 VERY FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELP!!!!!!!!!

Ekstreme,

I would start to look at other factors that might be causing the problem... Try these ideas:

Assuming fresh install of Win2K Pro 2195...

Adjust BIOS to conservative settings (make sure IRQ is enabled for the TNT2)

Install the nvidia 3.66 drivers for your Viper 770.

Verify that the core & memory clocks are correct for your model TNT2 card using Power Strip etc.

Try your PIII 450 at 300 if you can.

Remove other expansion cards (eg sound card etc) to see if it makes any difference.

Try the other cards in different PCI slots.

Use a different video card (borrow one from a friend?)

Try another motherboard and memory if you can.

Perhaps your Quake3 is damaged??? (try downloading the demo again)

Do you trust the integrity of your copy of Win2K 2195 ?

(anyone else have more ideas?)

Remember... ONLY CHANGE ONE THING AT A TIME !

Otherwise you may not know what fixed it when you finally do, and I'm sure you will.

Good luck!

Thanks Greggy frown.gif

I had a prob similar to this in Nt4 wiht my scsi card. I had to remove it and reinstall it every time I applied a service pack, or even setting up my sound card. Turns out there was a conflict wiht PCI slots, however I cannot change the IRQ settings frown.gif

oh well!

look for a BIOS update for your motherboard and SCSI card. And make sure your using the right drivers. And read the instructions. It has to be something you have done cause most PCs arent that ****ed up. Just go back to default for all your BIOS settings and try upgradeing the BIOS sometimes that helps IRQ problems and other ****. Also your SCSI card my have a flashable BIOS.

Have you tried the setting the 3dicons to "0" in the config like yuppiescum sugested?

Yes, I have tried all that has been suggested, with no luck so far. At this point in time, I have given up. YES YES i hear the booing!

I just got UT, so I'm gonna start getting into that. Strange thing is, UT works FINE!!

that doesnt seem right that UT works but Q3 doesnt! either you havew a bad quake 3, a bad quake 3 CFG or a bad install. try using r_smp 0, if you have a smp system cuase that could be a conflict with other drivers!

OK I reinstalled it again, this time all that happens is the screen goes white. Kinda like what happens when you use the default 2k drivers (no I'm not using them) My copy of quake works on 9x machine fine, and I HAVE had it working on this thing.

Just check event viewer after running another failed Quake session and there is no error there at all

Guess it's UT for the time being.

[This message has been edited by Ekstreme (edited 10 January 2000).]

hehehe.. it seems that all Hardware Manufacters have a lot of work to do with the

W2K drivers.

I hope they come around with all of them after Feb 17 2000.