Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
airtyrone

SYSTEM SHOCK 2 HELP!!!!!

is it possible to get this game to work in XP? i've tried compatability modes but it doesn't seem to do any good. i can install fine but when i try to play it tells me i have no cd in the drive, i've tried it w/ the cd in, and using daemon tools to no avail. i even selected full install. any ideas/tips/hints? thanks alot!

After you download the patch, a minor issue remains. If your desktop resolution is something higher than 1024*768 (in my case, my resolution is 1600*1200) when you configure the game, you have to set your desktop to the same resolution that you set the game, or else, when you're playing, you won't be able to move the mouse past an area equal to the resolution you specified in the game.

Just set your desktop to 1024*768 before running the game, set the game resolution to that, and you're done.

Interesting. On my system (W2KSP3), the game doesn't have this problem, and my desktop is higher than 1024x768.

I don't know about win2k, all the testing i have done is with winxp. tried different workarounds for this bug, the only thing that worked was to resize the desktop before playing. Maybe with the new detonator drivers it won't be necessary, i have to reinstall system shock