Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
radx

Windows media player 9.0, no controls in fullscreen

When i play a movie in Windows Media player 9.0 and change mode to fullscreen (ctrl-enter) (that is NOT full-mode), i used to with Windows Media player 8.0 have controls here.

There must be a setting or something because my friend who got wmp9.0 also has the controls there. I've looked around but i can only find full-mode but that is only fullmode (eg. no skin mode) and not fullscreen playback related.

i had this issue last night

when u go full screen - don't play a move yet, just start media player - go full screen - then you will see this little button up in the top left corner - near the windows logo - click that - restart media player and go full screen witha mvoei, shoudl do it

i did this while a movie was playing and it would NOT go away, until i did it the way above.

Thanks for the reply,

But i dont quite get it to work even though.

What i want are the controls that will autohide when you playmovies in fullscreen (alt-enter).

And as you say i should go fullscreen before starting the movie is simply just not possible. I tried it on my computer and my other computer no go at all. The movie must run in order for me to go to fullscreen. (The fullscreen button is greyed out when the movie is not playing too) And once i go fullscreen there is no button to click on, every thing is gone and there is just the movie to see.

Also!

foudn out what it is

when u drag your mouse courser - drag it to the left or right, not up or down, it seems if u do, media player thinks u have the mouse ON the controls, so it does not close them.

drag your mouse off the screen to the left or the right and it will disappear!!!

Also, to go full screen, just double click on the playing video, this will full screen it automatically.