Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ofelas

Small, simple FTP server which supports Uploads' resume?

Thanks-I like IIS, but it doesn't seem to support Upload resume for clients connecting to my FTP site...

Well there are lots of server that support that feature, as it's a pretty standard function. The other two u should consider is guildFTPd and Serv-U.

IIS has those functions but u need to use script to access the configurations....which is rather complicated......

IIS 4 and 5 do not support resuming on downloads or uploads. Pretty sad if you ask me.

And cheapo or freebie programs can do it.

Any idea what these freebie ftp servers that support upload resume would be?

Not particularly impressed with BFTP & Serv-U....

Actually, IIS does support resuming both uploads and downloads. The user simply needs the ability to append files granted through NTFS permissions on the FTP server.

No problem...

IIS can do a lot of what all those other FTP servers can do, however it integrates closely with Windows security and administration, so the lines are kinda blurred. Many of the options people like to use with Serv-U and Bulletproof are taken care of by use of Quotas, Policies, and NTFS... all administrative pieces of Windows and not IIS's FTP, though in the end they work together.

Quote:
No problem...

IIS can do a lot of what all those other FTP servers can do, however it integrates closely with Windows security and administration, so the lines are kinda blurred. Many of the options people like to use with Serv-U and Bulletproof are taken care of by use of Quotas, Policies, and NTFS... all administrative pieces of Windows and not IIS's FTP, though in the end they work together.

A fan of IIS' FTP Server now eh? Interesting... smile

Quote:
IIS 4 and 5 do not support resuming on downloads or uploads. Pretty sad if you ask me.

And cheapo or freebie programs can do it.

imho iis ftp is cheapo. The only thing thats good is built in windows authentication.. but other then that it really is a feature-less ftp.. No pasv firewall support.. no home directory support, ( except some hack with virtual directories... but its an ugly solution ), No resume support.. I think microsoft is trying to rid the world of ftp. Good riddens.

I use serv-u, it is by far one of the best apps i have used for FTP. I have used Bulletproof, until they decided to update it like once every 2 or 3 years, RaidenFTPd which is nice but its not the easiest to configure, and IIS which plain out sux.

I have not tried the other one mentioned blackmoon or something, i will check it out.

G6 - now known as bulletproof.

i would recommend it over serv-u and most others -

unless you can configure RaidenFTP as for windows it reigns! supreme!

Alec - DREAMWEAVER MX!!! - i can send u over the dreamweaver MX bible if u want.

Actually, the commercial version of BlackMoon has NTLM/AD user authentication, which is a really nice feature.

As is noted by my post a few weeks ago, I was using BulletProof, and I have switched with no regrets to BlackMoon.