Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bennyk

Norton Ghost 2003

Used norton ghost couple of weeks ago great backup c:drive.Last night try to backup c:drive with ghost it comes up with c:drive write protected error! Can any one help cheers.

What file system ntfs or fat 32.

BTW I think you can't save the backup to the same drive you're backing up.

Yes you cannot restore a backup from the drive you are restoring to. Ghost 2003 now uses it's own boot area instead of having to make a floppy, it's really nice. It sees FAT(s) or NTFS just fine, even on raid arrays!

Hi Gang,

I just wanted to point out that last I knew not all raid arrays are supported. In fact only a limitted number of controllers are supported and last I tried to use one Promise Raid controllers weren't supported.

Cheers,

Christian

Hardware RAID is "functional" but not generally supported.

Software RAID is SKETCHY at best.

Since it is a FAT32 drive have you tried running a scandisk and/or chkdsk and/or Norton Disk Doctor ?

8)

Sometimes a write protected boot drive is characteristic of a virus. Do you have a major virus scanner installed with recent updates? Also I think I was using Ghost 5.0 and 2000 and at that time no Ghost did not work with the fastrack solutions and their technical support verified that fact. I am however thrilled to hear that today it's working so users won't have to suffer like I did smile.

Cheers,

Christian

Quote:
.... I am however thrilled to hear that today it's working so users won't have to suffer like I did smile.

OH MY GOD!!!! they better work!!! i have onboard raid, promise raid too!!! frown It will be a drag if it doesn't work, i won't trade my raid for ghost! wink