Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
belveder

Strange message at startup?

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what this message means please :

Parser Message

Value Creation Failed "At Line 45

I've just started getting a box with this message in it everytime I boot up. Have to press cancel on the box 5 or 6 times for it to go past it. Then it goes to the log on / password screen which I have never had up before either.

I am using XP Pro with SP2

Thanks in advance

Don't forget to also check your machine for Spyware. Get Ad-Aware and run it over your system to check. Don't have a URL handy, but a quick search should turn it up.

Wow, that was a long answer lol. Thanks. Someone on another forum gave me the andwer, it was a theme called Forever Blue through Style XP. It is a known problem.

Thanks again

I'm gald I could help a potential problem out lol. Sometimes it's worth asking a few different forums.

There's a whole heap of third party ones for XP now, but I was only using ones that were through Style XP, generally I don't use themes, no time for them. I only use Powerdesk Pro which is great for all my menuing. Used to use NextStart which is a brilliant program but a few of the new games don't run very well of it.

This is for the Style XP

http://www.tgtsoft.com/

And this is for NextStart

http://www.winstep.net

Just for interest, a lot of Style XP themes will change the colour of the Powerdesk bars which makes a nice change from the boring grey.

I very rarely use any windows functions or tools now, Powerdesk does it and better

www.windowblinds.net seems to be a pretty popular one as well. I am not big on installing a bunch of software to change my theme though. I am not sure why windows is so anal about not wanting to change the appearance. I guess its so everyone can see you are using windows as opposed to something else.

Quote:
Thanks belveder, I am off to see some of those now...

(Just to see how diff. they really can be!)

smile

* up, Up, UP & Away... & off we go to browse around there, see ya!

APK