Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sapiens74

War in Iraq

I just want to ask for your prayers and thoughts for all those who are fighting now.

GOt some friends there now , hope they make it back safe.

thoughts for the fightin.

its always gonna happen ...theres always a saddam.

may as well get rid when we get the chance....mabie it will make the other saddam wanna bes think twice.

All my friends here are Marines or Army or Navy.

I live withing 1 mile Or pearlHarbor so surrounded by people deploying

Anywhere near Pearl City? Apparently it's on some sort of penninsular about a mile from Pearl Harbour, or so my friend tells me, apparently that's where he is.

Quote:
Quote:
I just want to ask for your prayers and thoughts for all those who are fighting now.

Agreed! You have them... & from me, there's a reason why much like your own...

Quote:
GOt some friends there now , hope they make it back safe.

I have a "little brother" there now, my brother John, who is a Lieutenant for the Army there now @ Camp Pennsylvania (& has been there since day #1 pretty much almost) who is former USMC (moved forces once he found out his wife had baby on the way, better promo & pay in Army vs. Marines) who is there as a firecontrolman!

(He uses computers EXTENSIVELY for his job, & from whom I got the "low-down" on the Unix vs. Windows 98 debate there for sure from him & I agreed with him, the Unix based stuff would be more stable than 9x stuff that Raytheon built on... THAT BUGGED ME TO NO END!)

I mean... Were I @ MS & in charge, I would have donated copies/licenses to the armed forces of Windows NT or 2000 to use, ESPECIALLY in the field where our young folks' lives are on the line out there in REALLY TRULY life & death situations!

frown

APK

P.S.=> In any event, I think about him being there... he's one tough character both mentally & physically and if he is indicative of our servicemen, no one could beat us, no one (I say that with TOTAL confidence in fact)!

The funny part is? He tells me compared to most Marines he is a runt, that is hilarious, Jean Claude VanDamme must be a runt compared to them also then...

Still, I hope it is over fast & the world can get back on track! apk

No offense, but you took the parent comment and tried to spark a computer debate from it? "How?" may I ask you manage to rant off like that when all he asked was for prayers for the war in Iraq.

I really hope you did take his post seriously.

Safe journey and hope for all.

Quote:
Anywhere near Pearl City? Apparently it's on some sort of penninsular about a mile from Pearl Harbour, or so my friend tells me, apparently that's where he is.

"he" who? Saddam?? laughlaughlaugh

Quote:

Yeah right around the corner. You got Pearl City and Pearl Ridge

On a different note, I saw the footage just a little while ago with our POW's

Since they won't show it in the states I Saw it on a Canadian News Channel

It made my blood boil, and to top it off the Canadian News people were terribly biased, equating the POW interviews with our pics of Iraqi soldiers.

Anyways I hope you all pray for the POW's and their loved ones, as well as the innocents in Iraq.

calm down my man, nothing was meant by it. I just wanted some real thoughts on it and you gave me that.

I appreciate it

I wonder how many of the regulars here have prior military service, US or otherwise?

If so, what was your branch of service and MOS?