Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tgg

How do repair the stock IE 5 of windows 2000 pro sp2?

I put microsft money 2002 cd in my drive and it auto ran and it started to install updated stuff like IE5.5 i cancel right away but then the IE got messed up so i went to add remove prgrams and restored back to previos IE version, then rebooted now couple sites are corrupted with errors on page it looks like i need to repair IE 5 little more

Goto command prompt and type "sfc /scannow" That should replace all the system files to their defaults but make sure you have service pack 2 slipstreamed on a CD cos u'll need it.

It requires the disk just to validate the updated versions of the files vs which were originally installed.

you dont need a slipstream SP 2 cd.

Probably one other way would help, just in case the dllcace got corrupted or deleted, perhaps it would grab it from the disk. i would not know, I do not delete my dllcache.

So don't worry, use whatever disk you installed it from.

Yes, you don´t need a slipstreamed cd. when you use sfc it updates the files for those in the dllcache folder, so you don´t had to worry about that.

Unless of course, you erase the dllcache folder. Then you´ll need to reaply SP2.

[ ]´s