Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dredd

VPN Help!

I having been working with this VPN set up for far too long. I have a series of routers set up in my apartment. My gateway for the Roadrunner connection is the BEFSX41 because it is a simplied firewall. That router connects to the BEFVP41 which I want the VPN clients to connect to. I can't seem to get it to work with with the BEFVP41. Do I have to forward a certain port from the BEFSX41 to the BEFVP41 in order for the BEFVP41 to connect the tunnels? I am using SSH Sentinel version 1.3.2 as the client. Thanks!

Though I have not worked with this particular equipment

I can recommend opening up the ports and do port forwarding on the firewall

PTPP VPN require port 1723 for authentication and Protocol ID 47 for GRE which does the actual payload.

HTH

Should be in the online lists APK

Though those numbers have been engrained into my daily routine and I can spout them out wink

Protocol 47 is not port 47 .... just making sure that is clearly pointed out. smile

If its L2TP lemme know if you need help configuring that as well.

I believe I am using IPSec. Not PPTP since this is not a Microsoft VPN connection.

Port 1701 for L2TP, which is all UDP based IIRC. I believe all you need to do is forward that port.

Though if you are using IPSEC with L2TP, that may cause an issue if you use NAT. There is a proposed extension of IPSec that can traverse a NAT. The new behavior will be enabled whenever the client connects to a VPN server that also supports the proposed NAT-Traversal extensions for IPSec. You can read more about this down below.

IETF IP Security Protocol Working Group

http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/ipsec-charter.html