Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Guvernment

Best app to search with in a web sites pages?

Hey all.

Curious, i have our companies web site downloaded to my HD and i need to find certain words with in that web sites pages.

What is the best method / program do to this that will search through all of the html pages and locate what i defined it to search for?

Will windows alone search with in the pages of the web site? or do i need a 3rd party app?

thnx.

What are you using to edit the site? If you're using something like Dreamweaver or Front Page it's pretty easy. Just open a find box and select search entire site option.

I don't know how big your website is but if its not a lot of pages you could just open each page in IE and do ctrl+f. Or are you looking for html tags?

Jim

Just use Total Commander (was Win Commander). It will search for a word (=content) in dir + subs and list all files where found. Windows search will also work, depends on how many hits you expect. It could get cumbersome if you have a 100+ positive search results.

H.

the web sit printed out to be about 230 pages in length.

So that is 230 pages that i want to search within for specific words. - i shall dry the dreamweaver option.