Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
telthenipper

Hard Disk Data Corruption?

I have a weird problem. I have 4 hard disks connected to my raid controller, but not in raid array. They are: 1x Maxtor 40 gb, 1x Segate 40gb, 1x Maxtor 20gb and 1 x WDC 20gb. The problem that i'm having is that when ever I copy a large file to my F: drive (maxtor 20gb) the data in the file is corrupt. I've tried various latency patches but they haven't seemed to work. I've moved the disk around to other controllers and that hasn't seemed to work either. When copying large file between my other 3 hard drives, there are no problems. This problem is driving me mad. Can anyone suggest what the problem is or a fix?

Thanks in advance

Tel

Athon T/B 1.2@1.33GHZ, KT7A Raid Mobo ,TaiSol CGK760092 HSF, 512MB SD 133Mhz Ram, HIS ATI Radeon 9700 N/P Gfx Card,Turtlebeach Santa Cruz S/C, 2x 20GB HDD, 2x40 GB HDD,DVD Drive, CDRW Drive, 300W PSU, Chieftec Blue Dragon Case, Windows XP Pro SP 1.

many people do not know this but DO NOT put a WD and a Maxtor drive on the same channel. The WD drive has error correction in it and the maxtor drive does not. So eventually when you try to write to the drive you will get data corruption. I dont know if this is related to your problem but it is an FYI that a lot of people dont knwo about.