Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CyberGenX

XP or 2K- Ok now which to you like?

1. 1. Sharepoint migration 2010

• Migrating to Sharepoint 2010

It's been awhile since we asked what you prefer. Windows XP SP1 or Windows 2000 SP3? Please don't say .NET, it's still in testing stages.

Windows XP SP1 gets my vote. I am pleased with it's speed, after turning all the bloat off and killing a few unneeded services. Is System Restore really worth keeping on? It also has less to go through than 2K in Windows Updates after initial install.

Windows XP Pro laugh

Well, I haven't used the exact options you have...I've used Win2k SP1/SP2 and Win XP RC1&2 and final. I think XP is a little nicer, but really nothing drastic over 2k. I wouldn't want to run anything older than 2k or any 9x OS...at least after having to run that damned ME and having to deal with 98 at school (I really do not like 9x anymore).

Corporate Environment = win2k

SOHO users = Winxp

Just from the experience I have gathered.

Though more and more I am moving towards MacOS X for my personal machines ....

I don't think that MS will ever perfect anything but making money. With new hardware, software and innovations coming out every day. More and more and more code inputted by humans, making human mistakes (bugs).

After a lot of tweak and configuration (but what MS system you don´t need to do that??? :D), XP won. Breaking the 4K clusters for defrag is one of the reasons, there´re pleanty of others.

System Restore is good if you had pleanty of room in your HD. But I prefer Ghost in case of something going wrong.

[ ]´s

Win 2K SP3 has my vote. At least it doesn't have the security problems that microsoft hasn't fixed in XP. Well I should be honest, I have Win 2K SP4 beta RC 4.36.

My mind was just changed after F&CKING XP decided to drop the file system off of my BACKUP DRIVE. I cannot get my info back, it says my drive is in RAW format! All the sudden things turned to sh#t, I am now spending my day reformatting and loading 2K back on my machine!

ok so we know taht win2k pro is better for corp enviroment. So why would a GAMER want to run win2k?