Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HELLBRINGER

microsoft outlook (not express) contact forms

Hi again everyone, one of my clients who uses MS Outlook XP in Win2k has created a new contact form, however she is unable to make it default. I looked around and could not find a way to do this. Take a look at this e-mail she sent me, maybe you can tell me how to do it so I can tell her. Thanks.

Prob 1: Set the new template as the default when adding new records.

Currently I have to go pull down the Tools menu when in Contacts. Then go to Forms. Choose Form. Look in Outlook folder. And choose Test. After adding and saving a record, it immediately takes me to the old Template if I want to add another record. This is very inconvenient.

Prob 2: Merge the old files onto the new contact card system so that I don’t have to Re-enter all the information!

This is the best that I can do from what I gathered with your posting.

Prob 1: Under Properties of the Contacts folder and under the Forms tab, does manipulating the associated forms, correct anything?

Prob 2: Does Exporting under the old form as a CSV and importing it again into the new form fix anything?

Sorry that I am not able to test nor duplicate anything at the moment.

Well we got prob1 fixed... I went into the properties of "Contacts" and set the default form to the one she wanted... That worked. So now when she does "new contact"... it brings up the form she designed.

As for prob 2... we need to get all of her current contacts, approx. 220 contacts merged/transferred over to the new form design. Can this be done automatically? Or with some easy steps? Or will she have to re-enter every single contact into the new form?