Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pr-man

Best firewall software for XP?

I agree that ZOne ALarm Pro is the best, but I have had issues with the newest updates, and not being able to connection to my PDC

I used to like ZA, but since I made the switch to Sygate, I don't think I'd go back. The logging with Sygate is extensively better, and it seems more configurable than ZA. IMO, ZA has gone downhill since 2.6.362.

Quote:
I used to like ZA, but since I made the switch to Sygate, I don't think I'd go back. The logging with Sygate is extensively better, and it seems more configurable than ZA. IMO, ZA has gone downhill since 2.6.362.

sysgate is SO superior!! period - next i would say norton - then, and ONLY then ZA.

Has anyone ever tried Trend Micro's PC-Cillin 2002? Its both an A/V and a Firewall. And Trend is big time with major companies.

TrendMicro laugh

sorry...

I wouldn't recommend it. It kept changing the POP3 and SMTP addresses for my e-mail. Additionally, their virus protection isn't as good as Norton (i.e. didn't catch as high a percentage of viruses as Norton).

As to firewalls, Norton or Sygate. ZoneAlarmPro is good, but tends to be a pig with resources.

i like sygate better. I have used both and I think sygate is the best.

I have used

Kerio PF

Tiny PF (same thing as Kerio isnt it??)

Norton Internet Security

PortsBlock (not really a firewall persay)

XP Firewall

Sygate PF

Sygate comes out on top for me.

Agnitum's Outpost.

I had the paid for version of ZA, after I found and tried Outpost I "binned" ZA.

Outpost is so easy to use.

www.agnitum.com

I've been checking out the Symantec Client Firewall that came with my NAV CE 8 package. It's pretty nice. I just wish it supported Server. frown