Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DS3Circuit

Kazaa Removal and Hiding your MP3s

yeah ahve bene using cama for quiet some time now - as some of the thigns i download u need it to getthe files out - smart idea really.

frankly kazaa will not be put in here, wehave a part time guy who installed it on a support computer - so now i am formating it and locking that sucker down like no tommora!!!

On a similar subject, I am trying to block p2p on a soho router, a Linksys BEFSR41 to be exact. I know that the conenction is made via port 1214, but when I block that port internally and forward incoming requests to an invalid IP, the p2p app (iMesh) can still connect. Viewing firewall logs seems that the port used can dynamically change. Any ideas?

Blocking Kazaa and other P2P applications through port blocking has proven ineffective in our environment.

I highly recommend http://www.packeteer.com/ as it works on the application layer of the OSI model.

g'luck to those folks who have to fight this war as well smile

Just found out someone els ehere installed kazaa on their laptop - the accountant! - i flipeed - and they had upload enable so anyone could download all they want! was wondering why the Inet was so slow lately (office is in our house) - that was why - like 30 people downloading from us!

yeah, to do it even more - just yesterday UPS was here, giving her tracking software to install - instead of asking myself or the other person working - to which we are both techs - u know what she does

Lets THEM sit @ the computer and do it them selves (UPS) - they could of done anything, - put in a back door trojan, read files - she would not of known! -i mean u are letting someone from out side of the company VIEW trhe companies accoutants laptop freely! come on! - most companies would fire u on the spot for that type of thing!