Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ThC 129

Better nForce motherboard??

Im looking to get a new mobo processor and ram. Im not going to get a VIA chipset because THEY SUCK. I like intel but im not rich so i can't afford a p4 with hyperthreading and RD800 memory.

Anyway which board is better the

Asus A7N8X

or

Abit NF7

I have seen a lot of people using the Asus board, I have owned Asus and Abit boards and they both perform great for me. So what is the preference of people around here??

I would probably go with the Abit board out of those two, although I really like my Epox 8RDA. I have it running at 215 fsb and it's flawless. I only question the Asus board because it don't allow the use of any multipliers under 13 and also most BIOS for don't even unlock the Tbreds.

I have the MSI K7N2G-ILSR board

OnBoard Video is pretty damn good

Adjustable Video RAM 8,16,32,64,128

MAC Address Cloning

awesome....everything that you could need

6 USB 2, Firewire, Serial ATA/RAID, 3DDR Slots

well i dont need onboard video i have a Radeon 9500 pro. I will take a look at that MSI board as compared to those otherones. Thx for the tips everyone.

My uncles just bought the new Asus board A7N8X Deluxe - some people have issues with it - he did not - straight in, all cards and a thermaletake aquarius II and a 2800+ AMD chip - water cooling system up and running BAM just like that!!!!

now i have heard many have had to RMA their boards and have issues. but otherwise it is a sweet a** board!!!!!! get it if u can - frankly i prefer Asus for quality as i have never had 1 issue with them myself.

I've been using Abit's original nForce 1 board for almost a year now and it's been solid as a rock---and completely changed my mind about Abit. If I wanted to get a new mobo, I'd probably be looking at their NF7-S or possibly MSI's. Chaintech's Zenith looks pretty sweet, but that's about the priciest one out there.

I've heard alot of good things about the Asus boards though. The bad news is, Asus tends to run you a bit more than the competition for a similar product.

I got a A7n8x deluxe. Best board i have seen on the market:

(2) Serial ATA

(6) USB

(2) IEEE 1394

Dual LAN - Realtek 10/100 and 3Com Gigabit Ethernet

Onboard 6-speaker sound, most boards only come with 2

Digital Decoding (probably will never use it but its nice to have)

It is a little bit more pricey but hell for that many USB and Dual LAN with Gigabit ethernet is a damn nice setup.

A7N8X Deluxe is without a doubt the BEST amd board on the market today. It has nForce 2 chipset, dualDDR capabilities, Serial ATA, USB 2.0, the best onboard APU on the market, 8x AGP, and the capability of handling 3000+ Barton cores and highly beyond.

To get anything else would be stupidity smile