Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
shassouneh

I need Windows 95/Me versions of these dlls.

Hi Alll. I need the Windows 98/Me versions of the following DLL files:

commctrl

comdlg32

comctl32

msvcrt

shdoclc

shdocvw

shlwapi.dll

urlmon

wininet

I am trying to run Kazaa Lite under Linux, and it requires the WIndows 98/Me dlls. WINDOWS NT/2000/XP DLLS WILL NOT WORK! THEY MUST BE WIN98/ME

Can anyone tell me where I cna download these from? Thanx

I tried this site but it ghas no mention of whether the DLLS are win98/98//me. The dlls MUST BE win95/98/me ones!!!

I'm pretty sure that some/most of those listed are in the MS VB runtime libaries, which you can get from download.microsoft.com.

I sniffed aroundon download.microsoft.com. All they have is links to knowledge base articles containing those DLL names.

Do you had tried MS ftp? It´s a mess to find something there, but there are all the olds updates and applications released...

ftp.microsoft.com

[ ]´s

I would sniff around there but I tried it a while ago and was disappointed. Maybe I'll sniff around again.

Thanx for the reply smile

I used to have a 98 cd, but it failed on me. Since I don't use the POS junk win95/98/Me that wasn't too much of a problem. Now I need those dlls for nothing else but windows emulation under linux.

I appreciate your offer to find and zip them, but that's too much work. there must be a site somewhere that has win9x/me versions of these dlls!

Thanx again. I will look online and see if i can find them. So far I cannot seem to find a site that has these old versions. frown