Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
el_vago32

About Avatars

One of the good things with this forum is that there were never any avatars here. And mmore important, no grafic sigs either, which makes it even better.

H.

Quote:
One of the good things with this forum is that there were never any avatars here. And mmore important, no grafic sigs either, which makes it even better.

Indeed, graphic sigs seem to be rather like (pardon the term) pissing contests... Who can have a bigger, flashier, etc...

Well, i think i got confussed with another forum that had avatars but not anymore.

Anyway, i don't see anything wrong with them, even i know they're completely useless... laugh

But i don't really get the point about the problem with avatars.

Avatars = slower loading time = more badnwidth usage on server.

So, no, not needed - this is a Tech forum, not a gfx forum..lol don't need the fancy eye candy.

People are here to read and learn - not try to stand out with purdy images in their sigs and avatars.

ok, ok i got it laugh

It was curiosity, you people are right, but i needed to know your point of view about it.

Personally, I like avatars (no more than 64x64 and a few K in size), but Philipp doesn't seem to be a big fan of them, so you will not be seeing them anytime soon.

smile