Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HELLBRINGER

Partition recovery program - thread i made months ago, where

I made a thread several months ago here, I think in this forum. Asking for help on finding a partition recovery program because I thought I screwed the partition on my 100gb drive. And well, I've done a search in the forums here and cannot find it! It's dissapeared! Does anyone remember this? Any info would be usefull...

I am looking for that thread again, because I want to download the program I found to do this type of thing. It worked too. It was a program like Acronis, something... I remember the company name Acronis, it was a partition recovery prog.

There is another prog though I can't remember what its named but it does this too... I'm looking for it on the net, but if I could find the thread that I found it in here that'd be great.

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

the best program i have seen is File Scavenger. It is $40 but it will recover lost partions that have been Fdisked or files that have simply been deleted. I had a partition die on me about a month or so ago, and this program ended up saving it for me.

Lost and found was okay, but not very easy to use. Also it was overpriced 70 dollars, no wonder they had to discontiue it. The application was free for about 2 weeks and now they don't offer it anymore, I wonder why? It seems to me if you're going give away an app why not really do it. I guess they just wanted to measure the ammount of traffic such an activity would generate.

-Christian

Hi Tomay,

I'm glad to Ontrack has integrated that technology into some other data recovery package. However the idiots have still priced themselves out of the home user market. What a bunch of jackasses. They can't even learn from previous failure. This reminds me of Steve Jobs and his pricing models:

-Too High

-Outrageous

-Are you kidding?

Oh well on the bright side, they are primarily screwing themselves.

-Christian

If I recall correctly none of these programs actually worked. I remember seeing all of them too.

I'd just like to know, where the hell did that thread go? I know it was in this forum, or at least this site! I can't find it in a search... weird...

Does anyone remember it? I found a program, that worked great... It was not acronis, or any of the ones mentioned here so far. Unfortinatly I cannot remember any part of the name. All I can remember is using the program to find out it did work.

The program, worked a specific way, maybe someone knows this program;

It scans for damaged or lost partitions, if any are found, you can find the data that was on those partitions, and recover it, but you have to copy it to another location, another drive. And I lost all the date created attributes to all the files. I know because nearly all my files on my server say created 11-Nov-02 because thats the date I recovered those files...

Maybe this will trigger someones memory, it doesn't mine... frown

Try Active@Partition Recovery... I was able to recover an Windows XP NTFS partition using it. I recovered the lost partition, booted to the recovery console in XP, used the FIXMBR and FIXBOOT commands, and my system was back!

It costs $29.99, and works great!

BTW, this is a DOS mode program and requires that it be run from a bootable floppy.

Well here's my problem:

I have a 2GB drive that had WinXP Pro installed on it. Something happened and had to reformat the drive. Before I remembered I had already reformatted it and began installing the OS again. By the time I had realized what I had done it was too late. I had installed WinXP on the partition fully. I needed to recover a outlook express address book out of a users personal settings. But I think it's too late for that even with a recovery program. I doubt I can get that file back frown

I have an other 40GB drive (mine personally) that had 2 partitions on it. A C: one for the WinXP OS and a D: one for data. The drive started acting funky and failed. Now I cannot format it, FDISK doesn't see it, partition magic, WinXP Disk Manager... nothing. The FAT, or the partition table, or MBR is damaged. There are sectors of the drive that cannot be accessed. Something bad happened to this drive. I doubt I can recover that either, becuase it probably has some sort of physical damage. I trieed Acronis Recovery Expert, the demo and it could not find any partitions on the drive. Which leads me to assume the drive is damaged beyond repair. As far as i know, there is no way that I can recover the files I need. frown

So I think I'm screwed here in both instances... What do you guys think?

Hi Hellbringer,

I'm a little confused at first you were saying that none of the programs you tried can even see your drive and then you're saying one of them could. If the drive can be detected by your bios then you should be able to recover some of the files provided the drive is spinning and the head isn't stuck in it's current position. Whether or not a partition can be found shouldn't be an issue if the recovery software is good it'll just comb the whole drive and grab every file it can off of it and put those files on a working drive for you to analyze. Perhaps you should try another program there are plenty of them out there.

So Long,

Christian

Originally posted by HELLBRINGER:

Quote:
I made a thread several months ago here, I think in this forum. Asking for help on finding a partition recovery program because I thought I screwed the partition on my 100gb drive. And well, I've done a search in the forums here and cannot find it! It's dissapeared! Does anyone remember this? Any info would be usefull...

I am looking for that thread again, because I want to download the program I found to do this type of thing. It worked too. It was a program like Acronis, something... I remember the company name Acronis, it was a partition recovery prog.

There is another prog though I can't remember what its named but it does this too... I'm looking for it on the net, but if I could find the thread that I found it in here that'd be great.

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

I suggest you use Partition Table Doctor to resolve your

problem.The software provides very useful functions:

Backup partition table, Restore partition table, Rebuild

partition table, undelete partition, Fix boot sector,

rebuild mbr,etc.

First thing I recommend you download the demo version of

Partition Table Doctor.( http://www.ptdd.com/download.htm )

Run the program and select "Rebuild Partition Table",

then choose "Interactive" mode. If you can find the partition

you need, that is Partition Table Doctor can help you. Otherwise,

Partition Table Doctor cannot help you.

See more: http://www.ptdd.com/recoverylostpartition.htm

http://www.ptdd.com/recoverdeletedpartition.htm

http://www.ptdd.com/partition-recovery.htm