Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HELLBRINGER

ECS K7S5A, onoly one drive per IDE channel!?!? WTF!?!

Ahhhh! For some reason, and it didn't used to do this. My motherboard in my server will only allow a max of 2 drives! And I've got 2 IDE ports. So theoretically, (and it used to work) I should be able to have 4 IDE drives!!! But, for some reason it will only accept one per IDE port! WTF is going on here?

I've tried different drives, cables, jumper settings, BIOS settings... So, what the hell is the deal? Anyone have this problem or can help me fix this.

At least u get one drive, It doesnt detect my CDRom drives about 80% of the time that it actually turns on with it having a boot problem with the XP1800+, I think this board is ready for a nice travel to a skip if u ask me.

Yes, it is on autodetect. And it only detects one drive, if two are in, it detects none. Per IDE port...

It doesnt detect my CD drives either!!! They used to work, not it won't show up...

Sounds like the manufactures problem here... Any solutions?

Hi,

try this: set your FSB to 100MHz instead of 133 MHz. A friend of mine had installation issues with this board. All drives were recognized but booting from CD or copying larger files to HDD from CDR caused system crashes.

setting back the FSB helpes with this though this isn't the speed the board ist supposed to work at. (Took me 6 hours to solve this mystery.)

if this workaround helped ya, either can this board or take it back to the shop you bought it.

Greetz,

Frank

setting to 100mhz doesnt work for me and personally i would bin the mobo if i had to go to 100mhz. ECS do = Crap so i am staying with Asus as i love there boards to bits laugh and they are worth every penny!

personally i would bin the mobo if i had to go to 100mhz

which is what my friend did. He got himself a MSI KT3 Ultra instead, which is rock solid. The boys over at MSI seem to have got control of those odd VIA chipsets.

Frank

Well, I don't see much of a point in worrying about it if it is going to cost money at this point. I got a much more important things to pay for right now other than a server mobo. It's a minor, annoyance really.

Quote:
ECS=Crap. That's why you pay good money for other brands.

Sure, some people have problems with this board and there are a few issues but I'd certainly use it over any VIA piece of crap.