Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
el_vago32

Problem with hotmail

this is happenning in one of my job's workstation

i've found this very interesting and decided to put it here.

the issue is that when i try to logon hotmail, the IE gives the error "the page cannot be found, bla, bla..."

and passed 1second it closes; completely crashes

i think this happens whenever the sign-in is related with .net passport (as msn chat, groups, hotmail), i've deleted all cookies, reset web settings, tried diferent security levels, deleted temporary internet files, and nothig seems to work.

i hope someone helps me (i don't want a fresh windows installation)

In Spanish:

Hola el_vago32,

Creo que su problema es algo muy chistoso para mi. Es posible que su problema está con la versión de Windows. Windows 95 B y menos viene con MS IE 3.02 o mas viejo y creo que a Microsoft no les importan si o no esta programas trabajan con sus sitios de la web. También estoy seguro que MSIE 2.X no puede abrir www.Microsoft.com! Es loco no? Es chistoso también.

Adios Amigo,

Cristián

En Íngles:

Hi el_vago32,

I am not a fluent speaker of Spanish so please excuse me if that didn't make any sense gramatically or logically. Here's what I thought I wrote:

I think that your problem is something very funny to me. It's possible that your problem is related to the version of Windows you have. Windows 95B and earlier come with MS IE 3.02 or older and I think that Microsoft doesn't care whether or not these programs work with their web sites. Also I'm sure that MS IE 2.X can't open www.Microsoft.com! It's crazy, no? It's pretty funny too!

So Long Buddy,

Christian

Quote:
the issue is that when i try to logon hotmail, the IE gives the error "the page cannot be found, bla, bla..."

Try pressing 'Refresh' when you get the 404 message... Often works fine that way.

If your web browser doesnt let you into your hotmail .... try configuring Outlook Express.

smile

Still IMHO, both OE and Hotmail are poooooor clients/services, even for free.

I was getting this for a week with hotmail and had to use OE for that week, now its back to normal and works fine. Very strange!

Hi MarkTait,

At the end of the week of weirdness did you happen to install an Instant Messenger Update? Instant Messenger as you probably already know uses the hotmail infrastructure for instant messaging. Also MSN Mess (yes I spelled that correctly smile has recently undergone many updates so that may be part of the problem. In any event I'm glad to hear things are working fine for you now.

-Christian

No didn't install any updates, just tryed that friday and i could get my e-mails by clicking on msn.

Quote:
I was getting this for a week with hotmail and had to use OE for that week, now its back to normal and works fine. Very strange!

thx, i tried that, but with Netscape and it works.
well, i guess i'll wait 'til i decide to make a fresh install (one more time! ;( )

thx y'all

Hi El Vago,

(what does that mean by the way?) I still don't know what version of IE and OE(Outloook Express) you have? That may be your problem, you could just have a really old version of IE and a new version of Netscape. Have you tried Mozilla? I think it's better than netscape, isn't it? Maybe not, can someone comment on this whose tried recent versions of both? By the way I don't recommend using anything, but IE for web based hotmail, because MS is a bunch of bastards and in their typical anti-competive style don't allow file attachment uploads from anything, but IE. I think Netscape can and should sue MS over that.

Thanks,

Christian

Quote:
Hi El Vago,
(what does that mean by the way?) I still don't know what version of IE and OE(Outloook Express) you have? That may be your problem, you could just have a really old version of IE and a new version of Netscape. Have you tried Mozilla? I think it's better than netscape, isn't it? Maybe not, can someone comment on this whose tried recent versions of both? By the way I don't recommend using anything, but IE for web based hotmail, because MS is a bunch of bastards and in their typical anti-competive style don't allow file attachment uploads from anything, but IE. I think Netscape can and should sue MS over that.
Thanks,
Christian

hello Christian, well, i just installed that netscape to get rid of that problem, at least temporally, but it's not my personal pc, so that pc's user is not that exigent to rather use mozilla or Opera.

PS.: "el vago", it's in spanish and it means "lazy" or something ("vague", as yahoo's translation tool said)-->sometimes i need it, i don't usually speak english.

Hola El Vago,

Es bueno que todo está trabajando pero no entiendo por que no puedes hacer IE trabajar. IE es de Microsoft y Hotmail También. Este es la reasona porque creo que este debe trabajar. Es posible que hay una problema el passaporte (MS passaporte) de su amigo o una problema con la versión de MSIE or MSOE. También es muy bueno para usar MSOE (Outlook Express? no sé como se dice en Español) con Hotmail, porque es más rapido y mas facíl escribir. Le recomiendo a instalar (es un verbo?) un versión nuevo de MSIE. El mejor versión ahorita es Internet Explorer 5.5 SP2 en mi opinión. Solo necesita escoger su idioma y nada más.

Pues, ¡que tenga suerte!,

Cristián

Quote:
Hola El Vago,
Es bueno que todo está trabajando pero no entiendo por que no puedes hacer IE trabajar. IE es de Microsoft y Hotmail También. Este es la reasona porque creo que este debe trabajar. Es posible que hay una problema el passaporte (MS passaporte) de su amigo o una problema con la versión de MSIE or MSOE. También es muy bueno para usar MSOE (Outlook Express? no sé como se dice en Español) con Hotmail, porque es más rapido y mas facíl escribir. Le recomiendo a instalar (es un verbo?) un versión nuevo de MSIE. El mejor versión ahorita es Internet Explorer 5.5 SP2 en mi opinión. Solo necesita escoger su idioma y nada más.
Pues, ¡que tenga suerte!,
Cristián

hehe, thx for replying in spanish, but if you want u can do it in english, cause i'm trying to get familiarized with english...i gotta learn it anyway, and BTW, forgive me because of my bad english, but "practice makes the master" laugh

Hi El Vago,

That's funny I even asked my dad to proof read my Spanish, but I forgot to get around to posting his edits smile. My dad was a spy so his Spanish is top notch for a gringo. I will bear in mind that you want me to communicate with you in English. It's funny, but when I'm in Mexico I usually make the same request, but in the other direction laugh. Frankly I don't think your English is that bad. It may need some work, but I was definetly able to understand your issue smile. Here's a little bit of grammatical advice:

Quote:

this is happenning in one of my job's workstation

This is happening on one of the workstations at work.

Also be sure to capitalize the first letter of each sentence just like Spanish.

Quote:

i've found this very interesting and decided to put it here.

Be sure to capitalize all instances of "I": "I ate" and "I've".

The issue is that when I try to logon to hotmail, IE gives the error "the page cannot be found, bla, bla..."

In English the isn't used as frequently as it is in Spanish, as you may already know. The reason you don't say the IE is because there's really one IE. Right? Okay sure there's 4.0, 5.0, etc.., but other companies don't make an IE. For example there are millions of cats in the world. So you would say "The cat ran to school.", rather than "Cat ran to school.", but if there was only one cat in the world then cat ran to school would then of course be fine.

Quote:

and passed 1second it closes; completely crashes

and after 1 second it closes and completely crashes.

Quote:

i think this happens whenever the sign-in is related with .net passport (as msn chat, groups, hotmail), i've deleted all cookies, reset web settings, tried diferent security levels, deleted temporary internet files, and nothig seems to work.

I think this is happening whenever......is related to .NET........I've.....reset the web settings,....different.....deleted my temporary internet files.......and nothing......

i hope someone helps me (i don't want a fresh windows installation)

I hope someone will help me (I don't want to do a fresh installation of Windows).

Well I hope that helped. Feel free to write me with any questions related to the edits I made.

Adios Amigo,

Christian

Hey ChristianB, thanx a lot, I really *aprecciate* (I dunno if it is spelled right) your advices.

My critical problem with english, sometimes happens when I'm trying to connect phrases, sometimes I can't get the syntax very well.

And about some words, like "diferent".... laugh , hehe, just keyboards's stuffs.

Thx a lot again, and feel free to correct me, because it helps to be better.

Hi El Vago,

You're welcome for the help both with Hotmail and English. smile. Per your request I have typed in a few minor revisions to what you said.

Quote:
Hey ChristianB, thanx a lot, I really *aprecciate* (I dunno if it is spelled right) your advices.

...thanks a lot, I really appreciate your advice.

Note: advice is always singular.

Quote:

My critical problem with english, sometimes happens when I'm trying to connect phrases, sometimes I can't get the syntax very well.

My biggest (major, or primary issue with...) problem with English happens, sometimes, as I'm trying to connect phrases. Sometimes I can't create the syntax correctly.

Quote:

And about some words, like "diferent".... laugh , hehe, just keyboards's stuffs.

And about words like "different", ha that's just keyboard stuff. Ha is a single giggle, HaHa is laughing, and HeHe is kind of an evil snicker smile. Don't ask, I don't make the rules, cartoons and comic books do smile.

Quote:

Thx a lot again, and feel free to correct me, because it helps to be better.

Thanks a lot again and feel free to correct me, because it'll help me to improve.

Note:

you don't need a comma between "and" when you're only separating two terms, but once you have three then it becomes necessary.

Well see you around the MessageBoard,

Christian Blackburn