Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KhaineBOT

SecureStack

Does anyone know where this can be downloaded from, as it seems to have been taken off the market, yet looked like a very intresting product

Thanks for the link, but unfortunatly when I go their get a 404. I've tried searching their websitr for it, but all they have are :

SecureNT

SecureNT Lite

SecureEXE

Free Utilities -WaveLock

-GPOfinder

I see no mention of securestack.

SecureNT

SecureNT allows businesses to control end-user access to I/O devices such as the floppy drive, Memory-sticks, PDAs, USB external storage, CD-ROM, serial and parallel ports, as well as many other Plug and Play devices. SecureNT is the only solution capable of controlling Plug and Play devices that cannot be managed with Windows 2000 and XP Group Policies.

Implementing device access control in your organization with SecureNT greatly reduces the risks associated with electronic theft of intellectual property and proprietary information. SecureNT also hinders the introduction of malicious code, unlicensed software, and other counter-productive applications that promote inappropriate use of corporate resources and create unnecessary expense.

Administration of device authorizations is simple and can be accomplished centrally. I/O Devices are assigned to an Access Control List (ACL) that defines who within your organization can use that device. SecureNT allows you to specify ACLs for groups as well as individual users.

SecureNT also allows business to monitor the authorized use of devices. SecureNT patent pending Shadowing technology audits and records writes to managed devices.

SecureNT provides the flexibility needed by modern, dynamic businesses. Device access permissions can be scheduled or fixed, and changes can be applied on the fly.

SecureEXE

SecureEXE protects your servers and workstations by allowing only authorized applications to run – this simple but effective principle protects your organization against all threats that come in as Windows executable applications – which are by far the most common and most dangerous. With SecureEXE you focus your efforts on defining what applications can be used (known, finite set) as opposed to trying to run after the latest viruses, Trojans, shareware and all those applications that infest corporate networks.

The link is working again, and it contains securestack.

Quote:
Supplier:

SecureWave

Platforms:

Win NT: Win 2000:

Description:

How does SecureStack work?

SecureStack offers protection from all buffer overflow attacks that try to inject and execute arbitrary code on your system. SecureStack flags data sections as non-executable, and it detects and prevents any attempt to run illegitimate code, thus making it impossible for attackers to gain control of your system.

What is SecureStack?

SecureStack consists of a kernel mode driver for Windows NT/2000 (Intel). The driver ensures that data stored in memory cannot be executed by smashing the stack and is application independent. This means that once Secure Stack is installed your system will be protected.

Features:

SecureStack provides protection for user mode applications (including services), but not for kernel mode drivers,

SecureStack is independent of the server applications,

SecureStack currently supports only uni-processor machines,

SecureStack provides protection from remote buffer overflow attacks for Windows NT 4.0, and Windows 2000 with any existing and future service packs and for hardware platform with Intel Pentium, MMX,

Certification:

Price:

Free versions

URL:

http://www.securewave.com/html/secure_stack.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

© Copyright Townsend & Taphouse, 1999-2003. All rights reserved.

Home Products Section

Sounds good, except for one thing.

Quote:
SecureStack currently supports only uni-processor machines,

lol. One of my machines is a dual processor, and the other is an AMD dual processor. Leaves me out of it on both counts.

I'll give it a go, and tell you guys what its like smile

[Edit]The DNS is still cached where I live and I get a 401, so I'll have to wait, unless someone has a direct download[Edit]