Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
adamvjackson

Exchange 2003 / Office 11 / Windows Server 2003

Recieved the eval beta kit today, and Office 11 is great! I can't believe that this is only a 'Beta 1' release! I'm going to scour the EULA and provided it isn't in violation, I'd like to post some screenshots! The kit is available to order from Microsoft, if you're interested. It's free, you just pay shipping.

Contents include:

Windows Server 2003 RC2

Exchange 2003 Beta 2

Office 11 Beta 1

Resource CD

http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/ti/beta.asp That's where you can order it from, if you're interested!

I got confirmation of the kit I ordered being delivered. Should be good to see what changes there are. Did you install it on a bare PC or under something like vmware?

Good link. I got that bad boy.

Anyone know how long till it expires?

I need to test it as long a possible :P

Well, the software has a 360-day timebomb, but according to the EULA, you are to stop using any beta/RC software when the final product becomes available for sale. Also, you are allowed 10 activations with the provided product keys, which means that you can install and activate it on 10 different machines, with unlimited reinstalls per machine.

Quote:
I got confirmation of the kit I ordered being delivered. Should be good to see what changes there are. Did you install it on a bare PC or under something like vmware?

I've done both. VMware Workstation is a great resource that is available, but far from the best for beta testing on, since it really only emulates hardware... Therefore, it limits the possibility of finding bugs.

nice nice! i was actually hoping i could download office 11 - i searched everywhere on ms site frown i already got rc 2, and would have no use on exchange as i have no clue how to use it, so i really would not be able to test it out at all.

I also looked to download Office 11, but it seems that Microsoft has made the decesion to only have it available as part of the Exchange beta 2 kit.

And now the fun begins.... :P

When I try to make a new email a box appears saying "Not implemented". Clicking on Tools>Email Accounts causes "The operation failed due to a registry or installation problem". This is a fresh installation of .NET RC2, Exchange 2003 and Office 11 under vmware. Anyone else run into it?