Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
lawson23

Group Policy's

I want to change my group policy for the local machine but don't want the policy change to apply to all users only certain users or even a group. Is this possible without using Active Directory.

I'm trying to lock down things like being able to change desktop wallpaper. Not being able to go into add/remove programs to add games. Things like this. Just trying to lock certain things down so that users can't do things.

Yes I think I'm using gpedit.msc. Basically using mmc and adding the group policy add in which I'm pretty sure is gpedit.msc.

When I did this (as admin account, remember not in AD environment) it makes this policy effective for all users no matter what level of rights or the group they are in. It would seem like that is the way it should work by user so you select the user or a group of users but has not worked that way.

I have not tried any of the second steps you talk about. I have talked with some people on this and they seem to think that you have to have AD in order to do what I want to do.

No I really want to say thank you for the help and also say keep this open maybe someone has another way to do this different. This allows for options.

This way people have 2 options now if they read this forum. Before I started this I had none so thank you!