Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ThC 129

The BEST File recovery tool

Im not here to promote any software over another, but i would just like to say that File Scavenger is the best deleted partition/file recovery tool out there. I say so because when i put in a 120gb drive to replace my defunct 60gb drive i accidentally overwrote one of my partitions. So here I am like ARGG!!!! Because i had already written to the partition and resized it and all that stuff. So im looking around, i try a lot of different programs, from Easy Recovery 6 to Fast File Undelete. Easy Recovery 6 is by far the biggest waste of time and money in a program. So i happen across File Scavenger and read some of the testimonials and am like what the hell so i run it and VOILA, I regained over 30 GB of data that i thought was gone forever.

As i said before Im not trying to promote the program i just want to say that if anyone else ever gets in a bind to get this program. A single user liscense is only $40USD, so it is a damn good trade off for anyone that has ever been in the situation i just described.

I agree totally.

I was drunk one night at uni and formatted my drive with my mp3's on it.

I used File Scavenger and got back 98% of my mp3's and vids.

Britany's best clips were saved. smilelaugh

Originally posted by ThC 129:

Quote:
Im not here to promote any software over another, but i would just like to say that File Scavenger is the best deleted partition/file recovery tool out there. I say so because when i put in a 120gb drive to replace my defunct 60gb drive i accidentally overwrote one of my partitions. So here I am like ARGG!!!! Because i had already written to the partition and resized it and all that stuff. So im looking around, i try a lot of different programs, from Easy Recovery 6 to Fast File Undelete. Easy Recovery 6 is by far the biggest waste of time and money in a program. So i happen across File Scavenger and read some of the testimonials and am like what the hell so i run it and VOILA, I regained over 30 GB of data that i thought was gone forever.

As i said before Im not trying to promote the program i just want to say that if anyone else ever gets in a bind to get this program. A single user liscense is only $40USD, so it is a damn good trade off for anyone that has ever been in the situation i just described.

I use Easy Recovery Pro, and far from being a waste of money, it rocks. I've made my money back already, so it's not a waste, it's an investment.

As far as recovering files, I scooped a system during a dumpster dive, 836meg HDD if you can believe that, hahahahaha. Doesn't matter, made a good system for a kid with nothing. Anyhow, I spun up the HDD, found it was formatted. Ran ER Pro on it, got back everything, including the name and address of the person who dropped it off at the dumpster, and some cool projects her kids did for school.

Thinking that this was a good time to test out ER's capabilities, I dwnlded the Maxtor utility, and wrote the drive to zeros. ER was STILL able to recover files off the HDD.

Go ahead and tell me that's a waste of money, I'll tell you that I think you're sadly mistaken. laugh

In other words......

bsflag.gif