Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
azygos

nesticle on win XP

I am having problems running nesticle on win XP. The emulator does run but I cannot switch video modes (it stays at the default 256*240)

Also, the picture does not appear fullscreen it is quite shrunk at the corners. I tried using rocknes and although it does not have these problems, it fails to run many of the roms. Is there any way of getting the image fullscreen or any other emulator available to rectify these problems.

It's a SNES emulator. So it really won't let you play the same games that Nesticle can.

Follow this link:

http://www.emuxhaven.net/index.shtml

Take a look in the NES section and find an emulator that uses DirectX. It will most probably work on XP.

Wow, I must've been sleepy when I wrote that initial post. First, it's ZSNESwin, not ZNESwin... Second, I use RockNES-X for NES emulation, which works well. I have yet to run into any problems with the emulation.

Nesticle and genecyst were really good emulators... But not that good for windows. They are dos based. Its probably better to search for a win32 version of the emulator.. There are a few out there that work pretty well. Its not like n64 emulation ... which was alot harder to emulate.

I wonder if its possible to setup nesticle correctly. That would be a cool emulator to have working in windows.

Nesticle has a Win32 version, I got it here but it sucks (anyone know how to make ROMs expand to filll the whole screen when you go above 320x240?) and as it's discontinued, it isn't going to get any better.

Quote:
Nesticle has a Win32 version, I got it here but it sucks (anyone know how to make ROMs expand to filll the whole screen when you go above 320x240?) and as it's discontinued, it isn't going to get any better.

Google for RockNESX. Really, it is that much better than Nesticle.

Thought some of you may be interested in this; I actually played Super Mario Brothers (1) with a friend last night, 2 player over the internet with RockNESX. That's a really neat feature, and you can watch the other player have his/her turn as well.

As far as I know, that network play should work for any two player NES game.