Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
adamvjackson

Mr. Mitnick is BACK... possibly working in security

bleh. Keep him away!!! WAY too much media hype and I fail to say how he'll be able to offer anything that anyone who's been in this field for the last 8 years has already offered. Yes, taking a step back from computers does allow you time to think and will give you alot of theory but there is such a thing as being away too long. I think he'd be better off staying away from security since he's already shown that he can't keep things on the down low.

He's already shown that he still has the addiction. (Using friends/relatives/GF to use the Internet for him as an intermediary). He's been doing this stuff since he was a pre-teen. He WILL do it again if he does not have supervision. The Computer Security Fields should be left to trustworthy individuals...Mitnick is no longer such a person. Any company who hires this guy will be more likely to use him as a marketing ploy than for his Security skills of which I am sure are severly lacking nowadays. Yes, Yes not much has changed as far as the basics of Security in the last 8 years but Computer Security encompasses all things from Infrastructure, Server, Desktop, Users.....all require intimate knowledge which he has not had for the past 8 years.

"He's probly just above script kiddie level now. ROFLMAO!"

Darn, removed that because I thought it was a cheap shot...now that I think about it I should have left it in! DOH!

Yep, the people aspect of Computer Security is the weakest link. Perhaps the best role for Mitnick would be an Amabassador as it were for some company. Explaining Computer Security to the "common man". That's where I'd stick him if I had to hire him. Oh well, if any company does do this I feel sorry for the Network Admins that will have to put up with him.

I can imagine his first day:

Prank Caller: "Look at me! I am teh Mitnick! P43@R M3!"

Sys Admin: Locks out Mitnick. Calls Boss.

Real Mitnick: "Hey, Could you guys unlock me?"

Sys Admin: "Talk to your Supervisor, bud. (Snickers offline)"

Real Mitnick: "It wasn't me! HONEST!"

laugh

hehe

to be L33T it is

GUY! :P..101 - 50m3 p3op13 wi11 n3v@ b3 1337!!! wink

(translation :P..lol - some people will neva be leet)

laugh - i need to get out more!