Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LongDistancePaddler

Scanner drivers for ARTEC AM12E plus that work on XP

Can anyone point me a website that allows me to downlaod drivers for the ARTEC AM12E scanner that won't kill my installation of XP? The only drivers I have are the ones I got when I bought the scanner, which was before XP existed. When I bought the scanner there was no windows 2000 or ME. My choice of operating system was NT 4.0 or 98. Naturally I went for NT 4.0.

There may be a problem of drive incompatibility that is causing my system to have problems coming up.

Basically the problem is that ARTEC have not updated the drivers for the AM12E plus, and a few others, to be compatible with XP.

If you have this problem and want to solve it go to www.artec.com.tw and download new drivers for your sacnner. Extract the files and then alter the properties of the setup executable. Right click on the setup.exe, select properties and then the compatibility tag. Choose windows 2000 as the target to be compatible with. After you do this you can run setup. If you have already installed drivers, remove them before you install them. Do this through control panel, add/remove hardware.