Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
soca

need for speed 3 : hot persuit doesn't run on XP

Hi, when I tried to run NFS 3 hot persuit on XP It does nothing. No error message, nothing. I have downloaded auto patcher for NFS 3, but it doesn't work too, can't connect to server frown I tried some compatibility options in XP and still not working. I don't know what to do, can someone help please? Can I download patch for NFS 3 manualy somewhere?

My computer:

motherboard gigabyte 7va, KT400

athlon xp 1600

radeon 8500le vivo

256MB 333

win xp + sp1

latest via 4in1 drivers

latest radeon drivers

directX 8.1

tanks

PS: NFS hot persuit 2 works fine.

Yeah backup NFS CD-ROMs don't usually work under Windows 2000 and XP, it has something to do with CD protection and how Windows 2000 and XP cannot read the backup disc as it would for the normal disc. Use your original NFS CD-ROM, if you have one. smile

I have original NFS3 CD. I tried several installations (minimal, standard,...) but still nothing frown

Does the game install fine or are you having a problem during program execution? Just give me a bit more information. What latest Radeon drivers are you using? 2.5 or 3.0?

I have catalyst 2.5 (6.13.10.6218) with directX 8.1, win XP + SP1. Game installs without problems. When I run the game it does nothing, no error message, just nothing. I tried to choose in 3Dsetup software renderer or direct3D device1, game doesn't run with any option. No compatibility options in XP doesn't help too.

Today my friend lend me NFS4 high skates and it works fine without any patches or problems.

Take the d3da.dll file from NFS High Stakes and overwrite the one in NFS3. See if that works.

Still not working, I don't believe the game might run on XP. thank you for your help!