Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jimf43

ATI Drivers huh... from where... by who???

You're now listing drivers for various ATI cards 'new, latest and greatest'! When I go to download, I get some site in the Czech Republic or whatever... If I go to the ATI site, nothing is in evidence. After this last foulup with the directx9 stuffand the 3.0 drivers , I'm getting more than a little gun shy. Are these supposed to be bootleg beta drivers or what... ;( I believe that you're not doing anyone a service with this info, and, frankly Gentlemen, I'll wait untill something appears on the official ATI website.

If it's not on the ATI site...then DON'T DOWNLOAD IT. That's the method you should be using.

For those of use that have been doing this for awhile we appreciate the posting of leaked drivers so that we can actually get drivers that work for us. We are used to ATI's driver policy of the past which is to release crappy drivers and to releae them few and far between. So we take every driver leak we can get....just in case.

Quote:
If it's not on the ATI site...then DON'T DOWNLOAD IT. That's the method you should be using.

Sorry, I usually install these darn things all the time, and, you and I don't have a problem correcting when we get a bad build. Trouble is that, when you get a string of bad betas, we end up with a whole bunch of BS work giving instructions to the technically less astute (who've installed it because it's 'cool') on 'how to remove'. It just got to me this time. ;(

I'm not sure it would do any good, but I think your warning statement should accompany any of these rogue beta releases. Eh... maybe not... the idiots will probably ignore it anyway. ;(

Even if you're an 'avid gamer', the speed difference between one build and another is rarely that impressive except with a benchmarking program. If the more experenced want to play with this, then, fine 'it's your problem, you fix it'. laugh

The issue is that the technically less astute , are not able to deal with a roll back or uninstall. Also, 15 year old gamers don't tend to show a lot of judgement in what's worth installing and what's not. The whole thing ends up in somebody elses lap, while they b#@*h and moan about 'doesn't work' frown Sometimes that gets a little old ;(

Exactly. You'd think it would be obvious. Like "Don't touch that hot stove!".

But unfortunately when people see something that someone else has used they immediately wonder why they aren't using it and jump on the bandwagon without researching.

They are not from ATI's site not are they WHQL. Which should be enough for most people right there, but I suppose a blurb about drivers not being officially released by their respective companies should be posted whenever a driver post is posted, that would at least keep the blame off of NTCompatible's backs.

Quote:
Exactly. You'd think it would be obvious. "Don't touch that hot stove!".

But unfortunately when people see something that someone else has used they immediately wonder why they aren't using it and jump on the bandwagon without researching.

They are not from ATI's site not are they WHQL. Which should be enough for most people right there, but I suppose a blurb about them not being Officially released ATI drivers should be posted whenever an ATI driver leak is posted that would at least keep the blame off of NTCompatible's backs.

Like it or not, NTCompatible is very much involved in providing information / education. Heck, I wouldn't post at all unless I learned something new once in a while.

We owe it to people to make sure that all (or as much as possible) of the information is available. Warnings about beta drivers & software, not only cover NTCompatible assets, but hopefully, are useful information for those that can read. smile

Others will have to learn the more painful way. ;(