Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
philbarnes

CPU & System Temperatures ?

1. 1. Sharepoint migration 2010

• Migrating to Sharepoint 2010

Guys,

Just a quick question - was getting worried that my computer was running a bit hot so slapped on a bigger fan. My current readings are:

CPU: 58.5 C

System: 32 C

Is this OK for a Athlon 2100+ / Ti4600 ?

Cheers,

P

That was idling in windows, it goes up to 63C (case temp 31C) when at 100% for over 10mins (i.e. stable)

P

my P4 idles about 27C - 35C, 27C being lowest iv seen from my Asus iPanel. when playing UT for about 10mins it rockets to about 49C, which isnt to bad since its overclocked to 2.85 from 2.53

I got an AthlonXP 1700 Thoroughbred A @ 1.5v:

CPU idle: 31-32C

CPU Load: 38C (usually load is around 36C, this was the highest ive seen it go and it was after 12 hours of Folding@Home)

System Idle: 27C

System Load: 30C-31C

All these temps are with 1 exhust fan blowing air from the CPU HSF and its a Dr Cooler up to XP2000+ HSF.... smile

Quote:
Guys,

Just a quick question - was getting worried that my computer was running a bit hot so slapped on a bigger fan. My current readings are:

Cheers,

P

I have an Athlon XP 2100+ and a Ti4200 on an Asus A7V333 MB, with an Akasa Silver Mountain 2 HSF w/Delta 60MM 38CFM fan, with Arctic Silver 3 in between, all in an Antec 1080AMG case with all fans installed (5: 3 intake, 2 exhaust. Still surprisingly quiet.).

The CPU runs at about 50-51 C when idle, and 52-53 C while loaded. Motherboard temp is steady at 28 C whether loaded or not. Temp readings taken with Asus PC Probe, which draws readings straight from the BIOS.

The XP 2100+ has a pretty high wattage draw since it's the last of the Palomino cores, and a corresponding higher temperature. Looking back, I wish I'd spent the extra $50-60 and got a 2200+ Thoroughbred, but I've got no complaints about performance. I've literally run Dungeon Siege all day long with no glitches, so I think the system is pretty stable.

Quote:
Quote:
Guys,

Cheers,

P

I have an Athlon XP 2100+ and a Ti4200 on an Asus A7V333 MB, with an Akasa Silver Mountain 2 HSF w/Delta 60MM 38CFM fan, with Arctic Silver 3 in between, all in an Antec 1080AMG case with all fans installed (5: 3 intake, 2 exhaust. Still surprisingly quiet.).

The CPU runs at about 50-51 C when idle, and 52-53 C while loaded. Motherboard temp is steady at 28 C whether loaded or not. Temp readings taken with Asus PC Probe, which draws readings straight from the BIOS.

The XP 2100+ has a pretty high wattage draw since it's the last of the Palomino cores, and a corresponding higher temperature. Looking back, I wish I'd spent the extra $50-60 and got a 2200+ Thoroughbred, but I've got no complaints about performance. I've literally run Dungeon Siege all day long with no glitches, so I think the system is pretty stable.

The 2200+ maybe the first thoroughbred but apparently it still has temperatures like the 2100+ and that the 2400+ is the one with better temps

Also my system temp is bad, usually only about 7C below the cpu on load and about 2C above the CPU at idle but i have only got a heatsink on and to be honest i cudnt care about heat on the system coz its 1 of the lowest priced components in my system.

Quote:
my P4 idles about 27C - 35C, 27C being lowest iv seen from my Asus iPanel. when playing UT for about 10mins it rockets to about 49C, which isnt to bad since its overclocked to 2.85 from 2.53

I have the same case/ MB / CPU combo as you. The low temprature is 31-35C, but the high only hits about 40C. I have a Swiftech MCX4000 cooler which I think makes the difference, and, I'm wondering what you're using.

That's an amazing board. I had this thing clocking 3.04GHz stable and cool (45C), but, I want it to last a while, so, I backed it down. 2.85 seems to be a prudent compromise.

Quote:
Quote:

I have the same case/ MB / CPU combo as you. The low temprature is 31-35C, but the high only hits about 40C. I have a Swiftech MCX4000 cooler which I think makes the difference, and, I'm wondering what you're using.

That's an amazing board. I had this thing clocking 3.04GHz stable and cool (45C), but, I want it to last a while, so, I backed it down. 2.85 seems to be a prudent compromise.

Originally i was gonna go for the P4B533-E which gave 266DDR and onboard raid which was £125, but this board gave me 333DDR, no raid but this board was £77 and a simple raid card is only £15.
Quite a price difference between them.

Anyway im using this cooler Coolermaster IHC-L71 with Antec Silver thermal compound

At this second my mobo temp is 31C and my CPU is 31C aswell which to me is a brilliant temperature after being used to AMD CPU's. I would love to see how it would cool with a Volcano 9+ on it or something laugh