Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Curley_Boy

'Realistic' & FUN driving sims... will there ever be any

I dusted off my bro's old Logitech Formular Force wheel the other day and decided to have a go on NFSIII for old times sake.

And since this is the first time I've played it since passing my driving test... im amazed how unlike real driving it is. I know my Seicento doesn't compare to a DB7 or anything but still.... It's impossible!! the steering is no way near sensitive enough (on any setting) the handling is nothing like a real car... and as for the gears, how on earth are you supposed to change up and down properly without a real gear lever??

Isn't it about time those of us who enjoy driving have a decent simlulator (and wheel) to go with it? I know a totally realistic sim is impossible, but nothing on the shelves these days comes close to the joys of taking the car out the garage for a spin in the country.

Ah well maybe Santa will bring me something if I'm good... laugh

Pod is about the best car simlulator there is.

Only problem is most people think they know how drive when real don't know how drive REAL fast I'm ref 100Mph+.

Need to say computer car simlulator don't even come close to real thing.

Tips for you lean to use the brake and gas at same time when come in to a turn, Here a real good eamples of fast driving is a Japanese Anime call eX-Drivers.

Ally you driving simulation freaks should try "Total Immersion Racing". It's quite realistic. Nothing like NFS.

To Clutch:

Thx for the link mate racer is shaping up to be a top notch sim (SO much to customise!) smile

I will also check out Total Immersion Racing too

Most racing games on PC are meant to be fun, arcade games at best. They give the chance for people of all ages to drive cars they would never get the chance. Sure they aren't realistic, but to realistically depict McLaren F1s, Ferrari F50s and Porsche 911s, etc is pretty tough to do. However if you ever played NFS: Porsche Unleashed, the handling there feels quite "SIM" type. Its different from NFS4 or NFS3, but less fun for me.