Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
keltset

Moo2 (Master of Orion) on Win2000

Hi,

I have installed Moo2 on my Win2000 System (Duron800, 512RAM, Elsa Gladiac Geforce 2 MX), but without success. The Game starts, but when I choose the Race, the Mouse disappers (better: The Mouse didn´t work

anymore. Does anyone have an idea?? best regards, Keltset (and sorry about my english!!)

This problem gets worse the higher the DirectX version you have installed. Moo2 plays fine with Win2k´s built in DX7, freezes the mouse once in a while with DX8.1 and is completely unplayable with DX9 due to a non moving pointer.

Unfortunately I don´t have a solution for this annoying "thing" (don´t know if it´s actually a bug). One thing is for sure: Microsoft screw up again wink

Don't have the game but if it is dependant upon previous DX versions then placing the older DX files in the MOO directory may work.

Hi

I installed Master Of Orion 2 today and had the same problem. I searched the web for a solution but I didn´t find anything usefull.

The following worked for me

(i also uninstalled DX8.1 but it didn´t help)

Run dxdiag as admin

Deactivate Direct3d Acceleration and DirectDraw Acceleration

Thats everything now Play laugh

Hope it helps you (and other people like me who are searching for a solution)

Thx for the hint. Cursor problem is now gone but unfortunately, after a few minutes of playing the game, everything becomes black. The menus, the star map, ... My screen however is still active.