Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
hardtofin

Upload Limiter???

hi guys,

i am after a program that i can install on a win2k client that limits his upload to say 6kb/sec. i have looked everywhere i can think of for a program like this. does anyone know where i can find one? OR even if one exists?

thanks

hardtofin wink

I looked for one also but could not find anything. The one thing I thought of that would be bad about a program like this is that it could limit ALL uploads from that computer, even file transfers, games, ect coming out of the interface.

thanks mate,

i guess QoS is a program? or an "idea"?

the whole reason i want a program that does this is because when im playing online games, my damn Dad keeps sending 10mb emails every five minutes, sending my ping through the roof cos it instantly uses ALL the bandwidth ;( ;(

i have a hardware router, cos im a hardware first kinda guy wink but it doesnt have this facility on it unfortunately frown

wow thanks for such a helpful reply smile but now ive got it installed. how do i configure it? where do i go to say "limit the old man to 5kb/sec"........can anyone help me pls?

thanks

hardtofin

I had looked into QoS a while back, and correct me if I am wrong (it does happen) but I thought QoS required QoS-compliant hardware... Including NICs, switches, routers, etc.

Gee...............6kb/s, isn't your father worth more than that??

How about just giving him a analog dial up instead?