Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pgrosso

Printing in A4 Size problem.

Hi,

I have a problem when i try to print in A4 paper size. The A4 is not the default setting, the default is Letter. Now, i want to change this settings from letter to A4 and keep A4 by default, but after change this settting, when i try to print again, the application (word, excel, outlook, etc, etc,) send page in Letter format to the printer. I need A4 has default, but letter is again configured.

The printer is a Xeron Docuprint N17 and i´m using PCL driver.

Thank's

Pablo.

OK, what you have to remember is that any paper size specified in an application will override any setting you set at the printer or printer driver level.

So, if I go into my printer properties and set A4 and then print a Word document that has been set to "Letter" then I'll get the old error message "Please insert Letter in Tray x" even though I manually set the paper size in the printer.

Go into the application that is causing you problems (for MS Office just do this one of the applications) and set the basic templates to use A4 rather than Letter.

You'll find all of your problems should then go away - no matter what you do at the printer driver level your problem is going to exist until the application has been setup correctly.