Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Silverado

GeForce 3 Upgrade Question.....

I'm considering upgrading to a Geforce 4 Ti 4600 from my current video card, which is a first generation GeForce 3.....not a Ti200 or a Ti500. My question is, would I see a noticeable difference in speed?. I just bought a new game....RallySport Challenge by Microsoft and it appears that the video card is choking. I should have plenty enough processor speed to run this game very smoothly. I was just wondering what you guys think. Thx

You should see a fair increase in speed. I'm in the same boat with an original GF3 card, but I'm gonna wait for the GF FX to be released. The GF4 prices should then take quite a tumble, and I'll get a 4600 then smile

Quote:
Quote:
You should see a fair increase in speed. I'm in the same boat with an original GF3 card, but I'm gonna wait for the GF FX to be released. The GF4 prices should then take quite a tumble, and I'll get a 4600 then smile

I also agree!

I did the SAME jump as you guys did (or intend to do) and saw a decent pickup in many games... not HUGE, but it IS there!

I also had an ORIGINAL GeForce III (which my nephew now has) & got a GeForce4 Ti4600... cost me an arm & a leg both times (as I got them as soon as they came out nearly), & yes... I felt it was worth it both times.

* I will hold off though on the next generation GeForceFX however... until Doom III comes out & I snag a new mobo & CPUs + RAM (going dual Xeon next round, probably early 2004 most likely departing from this Dual Pentium III setup I have now).

smile

Here's the mod I did to my GeForce4 Ti4600 to make it pull off timings in core/memory of 330/740 mhz:

APKGeForce4Ti4600128mbDDRAMAGPBottom2AFT

APK

What a retard....My ti4400 Leadteak runs 310/670 with stock HSF.

Ti4400 .....

Quote:
Quote:
What a retard....My ti4400 Leadteak runs 310/670 with stock HSF.Ti4400 .....

CORE GPU CLOCKSPEED (APK - Elvis) -> 330 - 310 = 20

MEMORY CLOCKSPEED (APK - Elvis) -> 730 - 670 = 60

It seems some people think that the lower your clock speed the better. What is the education system coming to...lol

Quote:
I'm considering upgrading to a Geforce 4 Ti 4600 from my current video card, which is a first generation GeForce 3.....not a Ti200 or a Ti500. My question is, would I see a noticeable difference in speed?. I just bought a new game....RallySport Challenge by Microsoft and it appears that the video card is choking. I should have plenty enough processor speed to run this game very smoothly. I was just wondering what you guys think. Thx

as for this - i have a g4 4600 ultra and got ms ralli and i crank it @ 1600 x 1200 x32 res and no probs! got to lvoe it.

although i would wait until the G FX comes out and the 4600 prices will drop probably by about $200 or so.

have you considered ATI? i have both the 9700 pro ATi and a g4 4600 ultra and of course the ATi whip's a**..lol smile - that is until the FX comes out.