Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iq-negative

how to install Sp1 if the cd-key is not valid?

Can't provide the link at the moment but if you look around in the MSKB articles you'll find the method to do so.

Quote:
Can't provide the link at the moment but if you look around in the MSKB articles you'll find the method to do so.

The article is referenced under Q328874, but you'll need a valid product key.

Basically, You'll need to re-install Windows XP with a valid product key that SP1 recognizes as original, you can get it from ******...Thats the only workaround and it worked for me....

Hope this helps!!!

/EDITED Sorry, had to remove the name of the prog. frown

Quote:
Basically, You'll need to re-install Windows XP with a valid product key that SP1 recognizes as original, you can get it from ******...Thats the only workaround and it worked for me....
Hope this helps!!!

/EDITED Sorry, had to remove the name of the prog. frown

there is a way to do it with out reinstalling - use the www - u will find it if you know what to look for.

as said, this is not a warez board - so the direct answer won't be given - even though i know how wink

Quote:
whynot delete whole thread then?

If MS feels that posting a KB article on changing your CD key is appropriate then it is allowed to be posted here. But posting CD Keys and links to Key Generators and such are not....for obvious reasons.

okey, i maybe asked for too much. I was just curiouse if someone cracked the thing. My personal opinion is that without piracy computers would be half the fun they are today. And microsoft would rule the world.

But as i said, thats my personal opinion.

//IQ