Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TT

Mech Warrior

I have old Mech warrior games and just bought a new

computer w/ Win XP. I can't get any of them to work. I'm told by activision that none of the Mech games work w/ XP and they don't plan on doing anything about it. True?

If you're talking about 1-3 I'm sure that they're not up[censored] those anymore......caus well would you spend $100,000 on a 10+ year old game?

;(

All it takes is the source code and a copy of hours in some cases....

In particular the Windows ver of Mech 2: Mercs could be made to work quite simply if we had it.....

Yeah.

I've gotten Mechwarrior Mercenaries (the real one) to work. I believe it only works in dos mode, and it's kind of quirky. I know I installed the 1.1 patch (or whatever it is; it's been a while), but I don't remember if I let it code through the d3d stuff. I think I did.

I believe it had mouse pointer issues. Like, the pointer was invisible. THAT'S RIGHT!

I remember now. You can get up to the very first Iceberg mission. The one where you're in space. And the game will crash on you when the fighters attack, and you have to defend the engines.

I Mickey Moused with it a little there, but gave up. I don't think I tried *everything*, though.

Anyways, Mechwarrior 1 will play; but you have to use a slowdown like Cpukiller. Which makes it tough to navigate Windows, so you have to have set everything up on the desktop.

Mechwarrior 3 runs perfectly, with the patch. 3.12 or something, I think. One of the trainers I have also works outstanding with it, too.

I have the Mechwarrior2 disk back somewhere, but I never really liked it, so I've not tried it out much. I believe it works, because I vaguely remember running through the opening movie and the config. I don't remember if it crashed on mission load, or not.

Try Mechwarrior 1 in Dosbox. Should work with having to worry about slowing it down.

If you look on activisions support site, the iceburg mision is a known bug in the game, not windows versions, they give you ways to get around it. I would REALLY love to know how you got that working...