Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jedi Master

Gator - NT Compatible - What Are You Thinking?!!?

;( ;(

Ever time I visit NT Compatible, I get a nice popup asking if I want to install Gator. Why are you promoting spyware?

I used to think highly of NT Compatible, but if this continues, I will have to remove your website.

Sorry bud, but it sounds like you have spyware on your box already and that's what is giving you those popups. I come to NTComp on 3 different systems, and haven't had one popup for that. The only popups that I have seen are for annoying ads like the certification one. You might want to check this problem on several systems before you blame the site's webmaster in the future.

I must concur.

I log in from my work workstation, from my home PC and occasionally from one of the machines in our server room if I'm going to be there a while.

I've never been asked to install Gator when visiting this site.

Some annoying pop-up's certainly, but nothing like Gator.

yeah m8 - it sure as heck isn't nt comptible, been coming here for a while and never had that pop up.

may want to get an ad-ware scanner for your comp.

I haven't seen an ad or a pop-up for months. The few pop-ups I do get are always empty windows.

I love my HOSTS file. smile

Mine is getting to long!

NEver thought I'd say that.... anyway..

Between the host file, popup cop and zone alarm,

I'm ad free!

If you place the actual javascript source URL into your HOSTS file you can avaoid downloading the scripts that trigger th popups altogether. I used to use pop-up stopper, AdSubtact and my firewall until I found my hosts file could do more.

If anyone wants a copy, send me your email addy and I'll mail it to you. smile