Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CyberGenX

Best way to copy a website?

I need put an ENTIRE web site on a laptop for offline viewing. What is the best way or best piece of software to do this?

if it is online and you have ftp access you can just download the whole thing to a folder on your computer. If it is just HTML and/or client side script (like java) then you can just run it out of that folder. If it uses serverside script (ASP, PHP, C#, etc) and/or a database (SQL etc.) then you will have to set up IIS or apache to run the site once you have that done you can make that folder where you put the site a virtual dir on the machine or just dump it in the wwwroot folder somewhere. Once you have all that done you should be able to veiw it by going to http://localhost/.

If it is server side script or a compiled app or database or some combonation of these things then there could be all kinds of little things to configure. I realize that the above instructions were kind of vague but i really don't know crap about what you are trying to do other than put site X on your computer. Good luck. Feel free to email me as i don't get to this board much anymore. I am usualy busy doing sites for my biz.