Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
valleyman1

problem installing half-life opposing force

I can't get opposing force to install cleanly on my new system. I can get into the game then it crashes upon start up! Is this game compatible with xp or not. I purchased the platinum collection and all the other half-life games work. I tried the sierra update feature and it gives me an invalid internet connection upon dial-up. Any info appreciated!!!!

What you should do is update your half-life with the latest patch,

Jun 12, 2002 82.0 MB hl1110.exe - English retail full v1.1.1.0 patch ,

that patch also updates your opposing force installation, and you should be ready to go...

OF used to work perfectly fine for me under XP. The last two patches really screwed me over though. 1.1.1.9 replaced my OF with some multiplayer only BS and 1.1.1.0 killed my HL completely.

Thanks Shakti for the info on the my half-life problem. I'm up and running. I am having problems connecting to the internet games. Any hints on patches or config problems for that?

So what updates does one stay away from? New to XP.

I recieved an email from the sierra tech telling me to update a whole wack of windows files. Is this going to open up a whole new can of worms . I've heard of people having major problems after downloading the SP1 update?

Thanks

to valleyman1,

download a gamespy server to play online half life multiplayer as well as many other games. You also need an account

dont u need steam cuse i have steam and u dont have to install it all u have to do is register it by entering the cd key.i have that pack too