Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Stoffer

Problems with e-mail client.

I have a little problem with my mail client in IE. 6.0 SP1.

In some forums u can click on the users name if u want to write an e-mail to them. When i click such a name or any e-mail link i get this message.

Could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not properly installed

Earlier I was using microsoft Outlook to view my mail over Hotmail. Outlook was very slow so i changed to outlook express with my Hotmail account.

I think its some registry key u have to change to tell Internet Explorer where the mail client is situated. I just dont know where.

BTW im running Win2k Sp3

For as long as I can remember there have been reports that Outlook and Outlook Express don't play well together. I have never seen any real solutions for this except that if you are going to use Outlook Express, then, 'uninstall' Outlook. I know, that wasn't what you wanted to hear. Isn't it strange that the worst conflicts are always with MS products on MS systems ;-)?

My personal solution is that I now use TheBat!, and wouldn't be caught dead using Outlook, Outlook Express, or Hotmail. These are all spam, virus, and manevolent script paradise.